The executive committee of the Aus7 Modellers Group and I have had discussions over the weekend about the ongoing Covid19 crisis and its impact on the upcoming Forum. As a result of these discussions we have come to the unanimous decision that the Aus7 Modellers Group Forum on April 4 will be cancelled.
While technically the event falls well below the current guideline for events with 500 or more attendees, we have been mindful that the majority of people who are likely to attend the the Forum will be in the highest risk group for the virus. A number of members have made contact with the executive expressing concerns and questioning whether they would attend. A range of other factors were also considered in our discussions.
This decision has not been taken lightly. On behalf of the executive I would like to apologize for any loss or inconvenience this may cause members and the group’s friends, however for the safety of all concerned we feel that cancellation is the best option.
At this stage we have no plans to reschedule the event simply because we have no way of knowing how this health crisis will play out. This decision has no impact on the October Forum: it will be going ahead as planned most probably at the new venue of the Carnarvon Golf Club.
We would like to express our best wishes to all members and modelling friends and ask you to stay safe and look after your own health. You can best support the executive and the Aus7 Modellers Group by coming along to the October Forum and making it a roaring success.
Aus7 Modellers Group