I’ve just posted two photos of the Aus7 Winners on the blog. This quiz is very simple: the first member who can identify the faux pas one of the recipients is making in the photos will have their name entered on the honour role of quiz winners. They will win absolutely nothing but the admiration of the membership 🙂
The executive decided to award three Aus7 Modellers Group Awards at the recent Aus7 Forum. The last time these awards had been handed to recipients was in 2006 however with the recent retirement of three O-scale manufacturers it was decided to hand three very deserving winners the awards for 2015. So we’ve made up for the absence of a winners for a few years anyway.
Peter Krause, proprietor of O-Aust Kits, Dave Morris and Chris Harris, joint proprietors of Waratah Model Railway Co are all well deserving of the recognition and seemed genuinely surprised to have the awards announced. Although they had all been warned that they had to attend!
Well done to all three and I’m sure all members share the executives’ feelings that these three are well deserving of this recognition. Happy retirement gents and let’s all hope you now get some time to do your own modelling.
I’ve just added a new page to the site which is the spot for the Aus7 Information sheets I spoke about on Saturday at the Forum. You can find the pdf for sheet #1 on Couplers and Buffers by following the link.
I’ve just posted some new photos sent to me by Bruce Wood in our Gallery section. Go take a look.
To launch their new model railway retail space ModelOKits are inviting everyone to their new showroom opening to help launch the site and help raise funds to send Arakoola to the UK:
Date: Saturday 5th September 2015
Time at: 10am to 4pm.
Location: Unit 4 61/71 Rookwood Rd Yagoona NSW
In addition to the launch of the showroom, where the full range of ModelOKits will be available for sale, there will also be the following exciting events:
- ModelOKits newest kit, the DJH 36 pilot, will be available for viewing and will be running. This will be the first chance for the public to view the new loco up close.
- There will be a range of hands on clinics run throughout the day:
- Soldering – John Parker
- Kit Building – Ben Small
- “Starting out small and working your way up” Chris Lord
- Resistance Soldering – Paul Chisholm
- The scenic modules of Arakoola will be on display to allow attendees to run and shunt any DCC fitted locomotive they wish to bring along. The ModelOkits modules seen on the ModelOKits stand at exhibitions will be available to allow DC locos to be shunted.
- BBQ lunch – sausage sizzle and drinks included as a part of the entry price
Entrance will the purchase of a $20 ticket in the Arakoola to Guildex 2016 Garratt Raffle.
Please contact Glenn Scott at email@example.com or on 0404935663
Notice of Aus7 Modellers Group
Annual General Meeting
Venue: North Sydney Leagues Club, Saturday the 31st of Oct 2015, 12.45 pm
- Election of officer holders
- President’s Report
- Presentation of financial accounts
- General Business
- Brisbane Forum Report – Trevor Hodges
- Financial Proposal – John Parker
Note: If members have an item they wish to add to the agenda please contact the Secrtary at least 2 weeks prior to the AGM. Any financial member of the Aus7 Modellers Group is entitled to vote at the meeting. Proxy voting will be allowed. Any member wishing to vote by proxy should contact the Secretary.
Patrick Jordan was the first to point out that on page 41 of the anniversary issue I wrote “Dave Morris has member number 0302 so he’s what I consider to be the first real member”. So he’s the winner and his name has been placed on the honour roll.